Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A New Adventure

Welcome to my blog! 

As most of you may already know, I'm leaving in a couple of weeks for England where I've accepted a 6 month role with Google. When I came up with the idea to start a blog, I was thinking about it as a way to keep everyone updated on my experiences in England. As I thought more about it, I realized that it'd be silly to set a finite end date. I want to make this blog a collection of my adventures, wherever life takes me. 

Let's take a step back. If you're reading this blog, you know me and you know me well. Therefore, you know my obsession and fascination with England. I'm not sure exactly when it started, but  my guess is that it was somewhere around my first reading of Pride & Prejudice. I've been fortunate to travel around the world but I finally made it to England last year for the first time and it was unforgettable. So much so that I knew I had to get back there and make it last longer.

When this work opportunity came up, I knew that I'd never forgive myself if I didn't try. One thing I don't have tolerance for is regrets. As my cousin Monica and I say all the time, "there's no point in lamenting." And I went for it. And I got it. And now I'm moving.

So what can you expect from this blog? This isn't GOOP, but I do want to make it worth your time too! I'll make sure to chronicle travel tips and recommendations including hotels, restaurants, and shopping (come on, it's me we're talking about!). 

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can in these next six months at work and about living in another country. My guess is that I'll also learn a few things about myself on this new adventure.

7 comments:

  1. "Engine Engine Number 9, on the LONDON transit line, if my train fall off the track, pick it up pick it up pick it up BACK on the SCENE"

    Venture on, m'lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samira, great start to your blog, although I don't know what GOOP means. I am so very flattered that you mentioned me. I was just watching "Letters from Juliette" tonight and I loved the beginning of the letter that Sophie wrote to Claire:
    "''What' and 'if' two words as non-threatening
    as words can be. But put
    them together side-by-side and they
    have the power to haunt you for the
    rest of your life: 'What if? what if? what if?"

    Samira, in your journey through life and through the world, make sure you never ever say "what if," but have the courage to live your dreams.

    I love you little sister!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, check out goop.com. It is a blog that I read from time to time.

      I also saw that movie and remember that line. I never what to say "what if"!

      Love you big sister! :)

      Delete
  3. Samira, you are adorable. I can't wait to read every stitch of this blog. I am soooo excited for you in this dream coming true.

    And, thank GOODNESS this isn't GOOP. I will savor this. Not so much GOOP.

    Keep up the energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaunna! You're not a GOOP fan (haha)?! She does provide some good recommendations, but I'm sure mine will be better. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Samira!!

    Thanks for doing this blog! My sisters did a blog when they moved to California and it was a hit!! Cute title of the blog by the way: ) I look forward to reading all of the posts! Cheers to new adventures! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Samira,

    Great start. I can't wait to follow you through your jouney. Carpe diem, honey. Enjoy the ride!

    xoxoxoxo
    Randa

    ReplyDelete