Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 1

I'm in Dublin!

I arrived this morning at around 8 am local time and grabbed a cab to the Google corporate apartment near the office. I wish that I had my camera on me when the plane was landing because it was so beautiful to see the the lush green hills and water.

My cab driver was also a bit of a tour guide, so I got to see a few historic places on the way. One of the most interesting was the house where Bram Stoker, author of Dracula was born. After arriving at the apartment and doing some unpacking, I took a power nap and got ready for dinner. A colleague of mine who is based in the Dublin office took me to one of her favorite restaurants for dinner. The walk to the restaurant was so pleasant, as Dublin is experiencing unseasonably warm weather. We walked through a neighborhood called Portobello, where I had my first official Guinness in Ireland! (It's MUCH better than the Guinness in the States, by the way.)



Tomorrow is my first day of my offsite with my new team and then I'm off to Leeds on Friday.


3 comments:

  1. Awesome Samira I love the post keep them coming. It gives me a break from US news on all the bad things happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm envious of your lovely walk through town and the real Guinness!

    ReplyDelete