Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Slight Bump In The Road

Sorry if it's felt like I've been missing in action this past week. Since I got back from London, I've been extremely sick and found out that it had progressed into a sinus infection! The thing about me is that I rarely get sick. But when I do it almost ALWAYS turns into a bigger deal. One time I thought I had a cold and it turned out I had a double ear infection, respiratory infection and a sinus infection. So, needless to say, when I started to feel icky, I was hoping that it would not progress.

It was a bank holiday on Monday, which is the day I got back from London, but on Tuesday I went to work not feeling 100%. By Thursday I couldn't even get out of bed so I decided to work from home and finally decided to see a doctor. Which doctor though? I have international insurance but didn't have much energy to do the research. Lucky for me, the staff at the apartment building I'm staying in was very helpful and found a few private doctors, but they couldn't get me in that day. I made the decision to go to the National Health Service clinic. The National Health Service is their publicly funded health system and I must say, it was nice to walk in and not have anyone ask me whether or not I have insurance, just what my symptoms are. I did have to wait for an hour, but I guess that isn't that much different than in the States where you could wait for that long even if you have an appointment.

I saw the doctor and they gave me some antibiotics that I have to take for 7 days. It's Sunday now and I'm feeling better, but not 100%. I have to admit that this week has been difficult for me, not having my family or friends around. I had a couple of minor breakdowns which I'm not proud of. I'm blaming it on the meds.

I'm looking forward to getting back to 100% capacity this week and I'm hoping that I'll also stop being Debbie Downer.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to be sick when you're fat from home...speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete