Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another Guinness Please!

After two short work days, Laurel and I flew to Dublin for a few days. The plan was to have Friday to do some site-seeing on our own before meeting up with our friends Kristen and Phil who were flying in from Houston on Saturday.

The first day our first stop was the Google offices in Dublin. After being offsite for the last couple of months, I had to get my free food, free coffee, free snack fix. I'm an addict! We had lunch at the office and checked out the different buildings. We then decided to do the hop-on, hop-off bus tour to get a sense of how the city is laid out. After the bus tour we decided to see a movie because our bus dropped us off in front of a cinema and we both wanted to see Dark Shadows. If you a Johnny Depp or Tim Burton fan, you should see it. It was entertaining!

The next day we did what every good tourist to Dublin does - the Guinness and Jameson Whiskey tours. The Guinness tour was not that great to be honest. It's one of those things that you know you should do because you are in Dublin, but I found the Jameson tour to be way more interesting and substantial. It may have something to do with the fact that the Jameson factory gave us a full sized drink after the tour and Guinness gave us a small sip!

In front of the Guinness sign at the factory

Jameson Whiskey cocktails


The next day we met up with our friends Kristen and Phil and walked around the city a bit. We ended up in the Temple Bar area and had dinner at Gallagher's Boxty House for some traditional Irish cuisine. We made it a relatively early night because the next day we were meeting to take a drive into the Irish countryside and check the Powerscourt House & Gardens in County Wicklow.


We had a lunch reservation at the Tinakilly Country House on the way to the gardens. The house is situated amongst the Wicklow mountains and the house was built for a captain of the Great Eastern ship.


We drove a little further to get to Powerscourt Gardens. The gardens are considered to be one of the best in the world takes about an hour to get through the gardens.

Powescourt House

Japanese Garden

Dolphin Fountain

Laurel and I in front of a fountain at Powerscourt

Work has been good - keeping me busy and traveling quite a bit actually. I just got back from a few days in London for a conference where I presented to small to medium size businesses looking to start with online advertising. I love spending time in London but unfortunately, this time around was mostly all business. I did stay the weekend, but slept as much as could after getting four hours of sleep a night during the week.

Next up is London again next week for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee! Excited that I'll be in London for that and that I'll be seeing my girls Jackie and Kate!

I promise it won't be another month before my next post. Hope all of you are doing well.

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to see you! I wish it could have been for longer. By the way, did you not go to the very top of the Guinness building during your tour? We got full pints and a 360 view of Dublin. It was the best part of the tour!

    ReplyDelete